Many business owners assume that retirement will be “guaranteed” through the eventual sale of their business. Yet, we all know that running a business, like life, is highly unpredictable. A given business’s fortunes may substantially change, for better or worse, over the course of time.
As a business owner, you should be prepared for every “What if?” so you don’t find yourself asking, “What now?” There are several approaches to mitigating such risks, including the following:
- Establishing and participating in a traditional qualified retirement plan
- Creating a taxable traditional investment portfolio
- Working with qualified advisors to establish effective Succession and Business Continuation plans
- Planning for the possibility of unexpected long-term disability
- Formally determining the value of your business every five years or when material operating conditions change, if sooner
- Engaging in a rigorous retirement planning process that assumes the best and worst possible outcomes for your business
When it comes to retirement, it’s wise to expect the unexpected. Our Wealth Management Professionals have the experience, knowledge, and resources necessary to help design and select these and other strategies best suited for you.
EMAIL or call (608) 826-3570 for further information on how our Wealth Management Division can help you meet your financial goals.
MEET OUR WEALTH MANAGEMENT TEAM that is located at our Madison Office, 455 S. Junction Rd., Ste. 100. Madison, WI 53719.