Join Our Team
Be a Part of Our Team
We are always looking for people passionate about their communities. By joining our team, you'll be part of a culture whose focus is about better (see below).
Current Job Openings
Client Services Coordinator - Cross Plains
Trust Operations Specialist - Madison
Part Time Customer Service Representative - Cross Plains
Customer Service Representative II - Middleton
Facilities Manager - Greater Madison Area
Personal Banker - Verona
Loan Servicing Manager - Cross Plains
Personal Banker - Waunakee
Personal Banker - Cross Plains
Loan Service Associate - Cross Plains
VP Private Relationship Officer - Cross Plains
Click here for frequently asked questions regarding employment and the hiring process
Better For Our Employees
We are constantly trying to improve, and as a State Bank of Cross Plains team member, you'll contribute to helping us become a better company for everyone who works with us. Internally we concentrate on three core values:
- You are our most important asset
- Teamwork is a part of everything we do
- Fun and celebration is vital to a healthy work environment
We offer a generous benefit package for our employees. Some of the benefits include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Learning and development opportunities
- Retirement plan
- Bank wide bonus program
"A number of years ago, I left SBCP, only to find that the grass is not always greener on the "other side." The State Bank of Cross Plains has allowed me the ability to learn new areas of banking, while at the same time challenging me to become a more valuable player to our team" - Bruce, employee since 2002.
Better For Our Customers
Our customers are the reason we do what we do, and we strive to meet all their current and future needs by always evolving, improving and enhancing the customer experience. While we offer the same services and products as a big bank, we remain true to our community banking roots by placing the utmost importance on:
- Providing excellent customer service
- Developing trusted relationships
- Remaining flexible, innovative and progressive
- Holding the confidences of our customers through ethical practices
- Maintaining our independence as a financial organization
"In my interview, the Core Values of the company were discussed at length and seemed extremely important, and the company wanted to know how exactly I would fit with their Values. Of course, the profits and growth of the company were important, but it also seemed their customers' needs and desires were just as important." - Tara, employee since 2006.
Better For Our Communities
We have a community improvement plan that we engage in year round. We are only successful if our communities grow and thrive and invest our time and resources through volunteering and financial support to the communities we serve.
"The Bank has provided assistance in my continuing education, helped with my professional development and has given me plenty of opportunities to give back to the community. They've done this by making me feel like a part of a bigger family, which then extends into our communities." - Visar, employee since 2012.
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Commitment
State Bank of Cross Plains values and encourages a diverse work environment. We have been, and will continue to be, an equal opportunity employer. To assure full implementation of our equal opportunity policy, we monitor our employment practices to ensure that:
- All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, etc., programs are granted fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or other protected characteristic.
- Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
- All personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, transfers, training, social and recreational programs, etc. are administered without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or other protected characteristic.
It is the policy of State Bank of Cross Plains to take affirmative action in the employment of qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. We have made a strong commitment to equal opportunity and affirmative action and all employees are expected to support this commitment.
Responsibility for the development of Affirmative Action Plans regarding minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans at the Bank has been assigned to Kari Davis, Vice President-Human Resources Director. Anyone wishing to view the Affirmative Action Plans may contact Kari Davis at the Waunakee Office during normal working hours. If you are a veteran, minority, woman, or individual with a disability and would like to be included under the Bank’s affirmative action program, please let us know. You may inform us of this now or at any time in the future.
Consistent with State Bank of Cross Plains’ commitment to employ and advance qualified individuals with disabilities, State Bank of Cross Plains provides reasonable accommodation to apply for or perform a job. Some examples of reasonable accommodation include alternate methods to apply, providing documents in an alternate format, altering work procedures, specialized equipment or use of an interpreter. If an individual needs reasonable accommodations to apply or perform a job here at State Bank of Cross Plains, please contact Human Resources at (608) 849-2700 or email us.
State Bank of Cross Plains complies with all applicable federal and state employment laws, including (but not limited to):
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster Supplement
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Right to Work
- Uniformed Services Employment & Reemployment Rights Act
- Important Notice on Employee Rights to Collective Bargain and Organize
- Polygraph Protection Act
- Job Safety and Health Protection