Trustee and Estate Services
Trust, Investment and Planning Services From The People You Know
It all begins with estate planning.
Estate planning is simply defined as follows: the process by which an individual plans for the acquisition, use, conservation and disposition of property or wealth. One of the best gifts you can give to your family (and yourself) is to have your financial life in order with provisions for professional care and administration of your trust and/or estate. The ultimate result is peace of mind…for you and your loved ones.
Trusts often play a critical role in one’s estate plan.
Although once exclusively used by the wealthiest members of society, trusts are now used by individuals and families from many different walks of life. As part of a well-designed and executed estate plan, trusts can be employed to provide one or more of the following benefits: 1) lifetime financial security for loved ones; 2) minimization or elimination of estate taxes; 3) an opportunity for children or grand-children to gain a more mature perspective on life and finances; 4) ensuring that a family’s accumulated wealth remains within the family; 5) professional investment management; 6) income tax advantages; and 7) a better quality of life for children with special needs or circumstances.
Our team of Trust Officers possesses the knowledge, skills, training, credentials and experience to professionally manage all types of trust arrangements including, but not limited to, the following:
- Living Trusts
- Testamentary Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Other Irrevocable Insurance Trusts
- Marital Trusts
- Family Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Guardianship Services
- Estate Settlement Services
To learn more about these arrangements, please feel free to contact us at (608) 798-1515.
Why should you consider a professional trustee?
The answer to that question is short and simple. You and your family deserve the best possible care, and the duties and responsibilities of a trustee are varied, complex, demanding and time consuming. A professional trustee, like us, has the qualities, skills, objectivity and resources necessary to properly fulfill the role of trustee. Consider the following:
- Experience – We manage all kinds of trusts on a daily basis. Our staff is highly trained, experienced in all facets of trust administration, sensitive to the needs of your loved ones, and cognizant of the need to work closely with other professional members of your estate planning team (i.e. attorney, CPA, etc.).
- Professional Investment Management – Your assets will be managed by our highly-capable investment management specialists. We will craft an appropriate investment strategy that is consistent with your trust agreement and that takes into account the needs and circumstances of your beneficiaries.
- Impartiality – Family relationships are often complex and have potential for conflict. Individual trustees may be biased, vulnerable to pressure from other family members, or unable or unwilling to fulfill their duties for a variety of reasons. A professional trustee will not be vulnerable to these forces and will execute its duties objectively, competently and professionally.
- Availability – Any delay in the administration of your trust may result in adverse or unexpected consequences for your loved ones. An individual trustee may become ill, die, become preoccupied with business or personal matters, take an extended vacation, or, perhaps, become incompetent. This is not true of a professional (corporate) trustee. We are permanently and reliably available to serve you and your family.
- Accountability – Unlike that of an individual trustee, our conduct is subject to regular and rigorous review by independent auditors and examiners.
Our Wealth Management Division offers a full range of fiduciary services. Collectively, our team has approximately one hundred years of fiduciary experience, and we have complimented that experience with extensive training, cutting-edge resources and an approach to serving our clients with integrity and dedication.
To learn more, please contact us at (608) 798-1515.
|Are Not FDIC Insured||Are Not Bank Guaranteed||May Lose Value|
Not all investment products are FDIC insured; Non-Deposit Investment Products (NDIPs) are not a deposit or other obligations of, or-guaranteed by, State Bank of Cross Plains; Non-Deposit Investment Products (NDIPs) are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal amount invested.